Marvelous green trees form the principal characteristics of this town. Olive trees, hundreds and even thousands of years old, adorn and tinge the town square and slopes which rise up from the sea and are interrupted only by the white stones of the antique church.
This church was built in 1050 by the Princess of Navarra (hence the name of the town). The impressive grey Spanish Tower guards the bay with its sandy beaches.
The modern Tourist Port of Santa Maria Navarrese, inaugurated in 1998, is a welcoming and safe harbor on the east coast of Sardinia which can accommodate up to 340 vessels of up to 30m in length.